Possible charging behaviors, symptoms and troubleshooting tips
- Charger LED does not light up when opening the lid.
- Lowest Charger LED is blinking rapidly green, orange or red.
- Lowest Charger LED is solid orange or red.
- Hearing aids do not get charged when inserted into the charger.
- Hearing aids are not charged after being in the charger for more than 3 hours – LED on hearing aid is not solid green.
- Hearing aid shows charging error (solid red LED) after 6 or more hours in the charger.
If you experience any of the above, please try the following recommendations:
- Charge the charger for 3 hours without hearing aids inserted before using it.
- Use the cable (with ferrite bead) and wall plug provided by Phonak to ensure the charger is receiving the power it needs.
- Do not use other power sources than the wall plug, such as laptop, power banks, cigarette lighter socket etc.
- Ensure that the ambient temperature is below 30°C (86°F).
- Ensure the hearing aids are correctly inserted into the charger.
- Ask your hearing care professional to ensure that the latest firmware version is installed in the hearing aid.
If none of the above helps, please perform a charger reset following the steps below:
- Remove the hearing aids from Charger Case Go.
- Make sure Charger Case Go is connected to the power supply.
- Locate the reset button at the bottom near the rubber ring towards the back of the charger (pin hole).
- Use a pointed tool, e.g. paper clip or pin removal tool, to press the button.
- Hold the button for 8 seconds.
- Release the button when the bottom LED of the battery indicator starts to blink/red/green/red...
- Unplug the charger from the power source and plug it back in.
If the problem persists, contact your hearing care professional for assistance.