An FM system works like this:
- The person speaking wears or holds a transmitter microphone, or the transmitter is placed in the middle of the group (picking up speech from all around).
- Using harmless radio waves, the FM system sends speech signal(s) to the listener, who wears a tiny FM receiver behind the ear.
(FM receivers can be attached to any hearing aid, while standalone iSense receivers are available for people with otherwise normal hearing).
About FM systems
- FM systems can transmit through objects
- Unlike infrared systems, FM systems operate as effectively in sunlight as they do indoors
- FM systems do not require any installation