- Keep a record of the make, model, serial number of each FM device.
- Check each student’s FM system daily to ensure it is working correctly (see below).
- Each FM-using student should have a small box, with a lid, in which to store their FM unit when not in use.
- Always have a small supply of extra device batteries available. A battery tester is also a useful item to have.
- Keep FM systems away from water; FM products are electronic devices and water can cause serious damage.
- Do not drop an FM system on a hard surface.
- Avoid exposing an FM system to extreme heat or storing it in direct sunlight.
Morning Product Inspection
- Does everything look normal?
- If a student is using an ear-level FM receiver, is this properly attached to their hearing aid?
- Is the hearing aid’s battery inserted properly and not exhausted?
- Is the transmitter fully charged?
- Is everything switched on?
- Finally, have you performed a monitoring check via inspiro and/or a listening check?